Adding A Video Stream to Ella
How to add IP cameras to Ella for recording
The device interface
1. Open a web browser and navigate to http://cloud.icrealtech.com/app and sign in with your Ella account credentials.
2. Navigate to the upper right side of the screen, click the email address, and select “Boxes” on the drop-down menu. If you have a box registered, it will show up automatically and scan for cameras on your network.
3. After ella scans for devices, select your camera from the list of scanned devices. If your device is not listed, navigate to the bottom of the page and select the “Add Camera (expert mode)” option. Enter the MAC address of the camera manually and select “next”.
4. Input the following information for the camera: Name: Any name that will identify the camera. Username: The username of the account that is used to login to the camera. Password: The password for the user account that is used to log into the camera.
5. Enter in the the RTSP Path and Server under the “advanced options” field, and then select “Save”. This information can be found from the manufacturer's documentation of the camera or if you are using an ICRealtime Camera, the default RTSP URL will work.
6. With the Camera's information entered into the application, select the “Save” icon, and set the “OFF” button to “ON”.
7. With the camera successfully added, select the proper recording plan and click the save icon again. When the status indicator indicates “online”, this indicates that the camera is now successfully recording to ella.
Author: Steven H.