This aim of this guide is to cover the integration of IC Realtime equipment into the ELAN automated home using the gTools! software. For general integration settings and troubleshooting techniques, please refer to the general integration guide.
gTools & IC Realtime Setup
Step 1: First the home automation system requirements need to be considered. Either H.264 or MJPG are available from the IC Realtime equipment. As of this writing, ELAN is utilizing the MJPG stream.
With that in mind, the IC Realtime equipment will need to be setup first. The 2nd stream (or extra stream) is configured to MJPG around D1 5fps 2MB streams, for most automation systems.
For a more detailed setup on configuring the IC Realtime equipment and troubleshooting tips, please see the general integration guide.
Step 2: Launch gTools. By default, “My Systems” is displayed. Highlight the ELAN system in question and click on “Configurator” in the lower right corner.
Step 3: Next, select “Video” on the left side.
IPCs: Highlight “Video Cameras / Sources”, then click on the arrow to the right. Now select “Add new video camera / source…”.
Recorders: Hightlight “Communication Devices”, then click on the arrow to the right. Now select “Add new communication device…”.
Step 4: In the pop-up window, scroll through the list.
IPCs: Choose “ONVIF Video Source (static)”.
Recorders: Choose “IC Realtime DVR-FLEX#E”, where the # corresponds to your IC Realtime recorder’s max channel #.
Then click “OK” to proceed to the next step.
Step 5: In this new window, assign the video source a name.
IPCs: In the “URL” field, adjust the IP address to match your video source (only change the IP address).
Recorder: Fill in the “IP Address” field to match your video source. In the “Base Index” field, select 1 for legacy devices.
Finally, fill in the “Username” and “Password” fields and click “Apply” at the bottom of the screen.
Step 6: The last step is testing the video feed. Back on the “My Systems” screen, highlight the ELAN system in question and click on “Viewer”. Once launched, select “Video” then select the newly added camera(s).
- Ensure that the IP address, port #s, and username/password fields are correctly filled in with accurate information.
- Ensure that the ELAN gTools! Software is up-to-date.
- If the main stream changes, ensure that the IC Realtime equipment meets the minimum firmware requirements for integration.
- If failing to get an image or getting a poor image, ensure that the IC Realtime ENCODE settings are correctly set.
- If experiencing control issues, ensure controls are functional at the IC Realtime device.
- For a more detailed setup on configuring the IC Realtime equipment and troubleshooting tips, please see the general integration guide
- If the IC Realtime equipment is functioning properly, but the gTools! software is having issue; we suggest calling ELAN support for more in-depth troubleshooting.